Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

First of all, I'm sorry we've slacked on the blog. Two words: school sucks. A real post will be up within the week guys. In the mean time, I want to say Happy Thanksgiving. In a world that is always changing, always giving us the unexpected, and always seeming to tell us we're inadequate, we still have so much to be thankful for. In the past week, I've been reminded of some of the things I've been blessed with and some of the things I need to be more thankful for. Here goes a non-exhaustive FiYaMaN top ten list.

1) That I serve an Awesome God, who made me and loves me no matter how much I've screwed up. 2) That I have a father who loves me in a world where many don't know their dad, that I have a mother who still calls me her baby boy, and that I have a big brother who is also one of my best friends. 3) That I've been blessed with a few great friends who are there for me even in the darkest times, one of them being the_idealist. 4) That I live in a country that rejected hate , division , and fear , in favor of hope , equality(that is, unless you're a homosexual in California), and the future. 5) That I live in comfort, relative safety, and prosperity when so many in this world are not so fortunate. May God put it on my heart to be Jesus to them. 6) That America has the finest troops in the world and that we can honor their service by bringing them home. Even though our leaders sent them on an ill-advised war, our troops proved again why America is the home of the brave. 7) That I go to the University of Georgia, one of the best schools in the country, and that they have yet to find out the rest of the kids there are so much smarter than me it is insane. 8) That for the first time ever in U.S. history, cancer rates are declining. Rest in peace Grandmama and Grandaddy. 9) Bass, Little Italy, Choo Choo Express, Eddie Bauer jeans, flannel shirts, Chacos, Southern Proper bow ties, coffee, sweet tea, pie, The Office, baseball, football, Pigeon Mountain, Cloudland Canyon, Rembrandts, and the CNN magic map. 10) That there are folks out there who care enough about what I think that you're still reading this. That may not seem like a lot, but I truly want to say thanks for supporting this effort and for listening. From the bottom of my heart- "May the Lord bless you and keep you. Keep on smiling, and everything's going to be o.k."

No comments: